Friday, May 4, 2007

everybody wants to come over to my house



So last night was the show. I can only describe it as fucken amazing. The venue itself was really really(and i hope you get my point) small. Possibly the smallest place Ive ever been to see a band play. Including me, the band members, and the staff there was maybe 15 people. Perfect atmosphere for an anti-social person like myself to see a new band. The songs were played on a violin, an electric guitar and an acoustic guitar, so it provided for an interesting sound...no bass no drums. I think it really helped the mood of the evening.

They of course played my song San Fransisco which sounded sooo much better live. I was seriously sitting about 3 feet away from the lead singer who sat on the edge of the tiny stage that was so filled with equipment the whole band couldn't fit on it. When she started singing a song she was was partly an Afghan folk song i knew i was in love with them. Each song was seriously more beautiful then the last. And they ended with the perfect one. A new song they've been working on called kiss me in the moonlight. Loved it.

I also scored a cd with the 4 songs they've recorded thus far. During the show they mentioned that it was actually their final show before heading over to Afghanistan to record the new album. Hopefully this means they've found a record deal and I'll be able to get the new stuff soon. All and all it was the perfect start to the weekend and one of those night that made me question my upcoming move. It is so cool to be able to(if i want) walk down the street and see an amazing band play in a ridiculously small venue frequented by their friends and neighbors. I will miss that if i end up leaving LA.

Also slight change of plans for the weekend. I just found out that kinky is playing a show at the 3rd street promenade Saturday morning at the helio store cause it's cinco de mayo. Needless to say I'm more than excited to see them than anything else this weekend. Later on that night i guess we're going to avaland to check out a pretty decent house lineup, imcluding julias papp and marques wyatt. I haven't gone to a house event in god knows how long but I'm mainly going to see miguel miggs, not only cause i like him but lisa shaw is singing with him. If you guys are fans of house or soul music and don't know lisa shaw you should check out her myspace at the least. Very cool stuff as is most of the naked label. So thats it for now, I'll post and let you all know how it was. I'll leave you with my favorite kinky song. I hope the play it.

Kinky-Presidente

No comments: