Thursday, May 3, 2007

at night my dreams they shake me awake

This week has been pretty uneventful following Sunday and Mondays debauchery. Basically i was broke since Sunday so i haven't really had much of a chance to do anything. I do however, get paid tomorrow and despite my rent and phone bill, plan to try and make my money last.(yeah right!) The upcoming weekend actually looks pretty promising.



Starting tonight, This band I've been meaning to catch, lion of panjshir is playing a free show tonight(fucken perfect). And in a venue that only sells beer...even more perfect. So me and my trusty flask will be down at the hyperion tavern(1941 hyperion avenue) at 9pm if anyone reading is interested. Listen to the song San Fransisco and i dare you not to love it. They are promising an almost acoustic, strings only set, so I'm rather excited. I don't do enough things alone and i think this past weekend has brought me new confidence in my ability to not only handle but enjoy stillness and quiet. incase myspace is fucked up you can listen to it here too. Lion of panjshir-San Fransisco MP3

Then Friday i'm supposed to meet up with some guy i have recently been chatting with a bit. I'm actually pretty excited about meeting him even though he has a boyfriend. I know sucky right? We seem to have alot in common and I'm really gonna try and respect his boundaries, but only if he respects them himself....otherwise all bets are off.(just kidding, i swear) The thing is he's a writer and has a really interesting story. So we'll see how it goes. I'm honestly not expecting anything other than meeting a cool like-minded guy. Seriously, this time.

Saturday is cinco de fucken mayo bitches. I know if you know me and zandra then you know all our cinco de mayo celebrations. This year without our trusty city of Long Beach we're gonna settle for dinner and margaritas at a Mexican place nearby and safari smas later that night. Should be fun although the OG plan was to go to Alvera street and eat churros(I'll survive). As far as things with the story go i have made little progress this week actually. Spent most of the week letting my body heal, so that left very little time for actual thinking. I'm gonna try and get something accomplished this Sunday and post something up next week. Either way you'll hear something soon.

No comments: