Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Nite time feelings...




So day 2 of my attempt to get back into blogging is going well. Despite the earthquakes and moneylessness I'm experiencing today it's actually been pretty good. Work is changing up a bit which is a very good thing. Just relocating this week, meaning I'm now sharing a space with my boyfriend(and his ex roommates stuff...but I'll get into that when i get to my breaking point). Sadly a byproduct of that is I'm separated by what feels like an ocean from my music/computer. Not saying I'm not happy with things just feels like I'm still in transition but frankly I've been in transition for the better part of a year and I'm over it.

With all that said last week i stumbled on some pretty amazing shit. First off the band Cosmetics. They remind me of Glass Candy on acid. Listen to the song nite time and suck me off later. From them i was linked to Ice cream(thanks myspace) and finally reflektionss and their label Disco Fizz which only boasts 3 bands total. Its all very Italians Do it Better but a bit more head trippy. So needless to say i love them all. Even though 2 of the bands deleted me. i have a feeling its about all my bulletins i post during my extremely boring workday and the fact that neither has more than 300 friends total. Which is fine...I'll rep them despite that. I searched all the major sites and couldn't find a damn thing. Could be due to the fact that they mostly release records and (god love them) cassette tapes. I did snag some stuff from reflektionss myspace which i may post later but you can just get them from their myspace directly. They also have a blogspot which has all the releases in detail at cosmicbubblegum

In other news saw the duke spirit play Amoeba in Hollywood yesterday. It was as amazing as i remember them being. Only wish i could have smoked a little before but my lack of money kept me from that. They were great anyways played mostly new stuff but managed to squeeze in a few oldies despite their lack of a piano. The crowd was a little lame but when the did Love is an Unfamiliar name all was forgiven.

No comments: