Tuesday, August 28, 2007

when you are not a girl nobody buys you flowers


Been awhile since i posted anything new so i decided to post a little something. This past weekend turned out to be more expensive and fun that i anticipated. Went to see Dj Colette at Deep on Sunday night, very awesome. I'll be sure and post something about her later in the week but today i was really excited to discover Emilie Simon. One of the more obvious comparisons I've been reading about is bjork but i think more on a visual level that a sonic one. I actually had never heard of her but while at amoeba this past weekend the CD cover caught my eye(the picture above). I think maybe a staff member had recommended it so they had placed a little card with a brief description of the album, They used the words "creepy lullabies" and "Nordic but sung in french and English" so i read on, once i saw she covered "i wanna be your dog" i was sold. Best discovery of the month. Here are some videos and a couple of songs to download. enjoy bitches!!!


Emilie Simon - Dame de Lotus


Emilie Simon - Fleur de Saison


Emilie Simon - Flowers


Emilie Simon - I Wanna Be Your Dog


Downloads:

Emilie Simon-I Wanna Be Your Dog

Emilie Simon-Dame de Lotus

Emilie Simon-Fleur de Saison

Emilie Simon-Song of the Storm

No comments: