Tuesday, July 24, 2007

don't forget your on your own


Lately I've been getting really bored with dance music in general. Seems everyone is forgoing vocals for a repetitive "vocal sample" that is synthesized and distorted. Yesterday i decided to come to work early and work a little overtime, after the first couple of hours i was already looking for diversions when i stumbled across Marsheaux. They kinda remind me of client. Not just for the obvious reason, i mean yes they are two hot girls playing catchy synth pop music but with titles like "dream of a disco" and "what a lovely surprise"...i had a sense that i was gonna love them. Once i heard the cover of promise i was sold...that song has always been able somehow transport me back to high school for some reason. Love it. Repping a label i have never heard(Undo Records), they apparently have 2 albums both available for purchase on their myspace. I am so getting my hands on a copy fo sho'....way to excited about finding this band. To top things off when i came in to work today(another early day) Cheri sent me links to their videos on youtube. Watch and cream boys.



hanging on



Popcorn



pure


Another great find yesterday is the band Itenef. Big up s to fucken Greece for beings so god damn sexy. These guys have more of a history in the electronic music world. before becoming Itenef the went by the name Trance 95 in the mid 80's. Drawing less from bands like Soft Cell and Depeche Mode, they sound more like a really sexy Kraftwerk or a more human Cabaret Voltaire. I wasn't able to find any videos other than one they released while still trance 95.




Desire to desire 88


So with all that said i guess my love of synth pop will never die. Guess I'll just anxiously await a time when people realize pop doesn't have to mean devoid of emotion and depth. I'll end with my absolute favorite synth pop band of all time SOVIET. i would have this mans babies if it were possible. Love at first listen for me.



breakdown



Soviet-Breakdown mp3. in case you wanna download it. Peace bitches

No comments: