Wednesday, April 25, 2007

in this city

So i guess i should start by explaining a little about the name of my blog. Man vs. City is an idea I've been kicking around for the last couple of months. I haven't taken the time to really sit and wrap my head around this one but it seems to almost have a life of it's own. Meaning that the ideas are coming to me whether or not i take the time to write them out. Maybe I'm hoping that this blog will force me to commit to some sort of dialogue between me and the stories in my head. In short man vs. city is going to chronicle the experience of being completely taken and overwhelmed by your environment. About how our surroundings to a certain extent can dictate the direction of our lives. I'm leaning towards a collection of short stories mainly revolving around one main character . Usually when i write i have a bit of a process as far as developing characters goes, but this time(seeing as how i haven't been inspired to write anything in god knows how long) I'm letting it happen a little more loosely. Most of the characters I've started to think up are a combination of actual friends and songs. ha ha. For example the character I'll eventually introduce as Jackie is a combination of my room mate/best friend(yes, i said it!) and this song called Jackie cane by hooverphonic. I'll see if i can find the lyrics somewhere and put them up too. That's about as far as I've really gotten in terms of direction of the story. I do know that some of it will be things that I've done, others complete fantasy, somethings i may have overheard, as well as stories based on experiences people have told me about themselves. The three running themes will be struggle, excess, and the city of Los Angeles. As always with me(for those that actually know who i am) sex plays a huge part of the story. Maybe you can already see where I'm going with this, but if you don't...don't worry I'm not sure i do. Of course I'll also be posting stuff going on with me as well.....shows, new music, song lyrics, gossip or whatever bullshit i feel like hating on that day. I've never really had a blog and don't consider myself a very public person especially when sharing either personal stuff or stuff I've written but like i said I'm really gonna try and use this space to push myself back in the habit of writing and at the same time bypass the fear of rejection seeing as how i don't have to hear what any of you really thought of it...well at least not face to face. Maybe I'm trying to dispel the feeling of guilt i have been carrying around for not always being the most open person. Only you guys won't really know what is true and what has been made up....so i guess i am taking the pussy way out but I'm not exactly here for you all as much as i am myself. Hope you enjoy what comes.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Enticing intro. I wonder what you will write next. So write that shit.

rick

***mitochondria*** said...

Kinky rocked it at the promenade.. wish u coulda been there... 5 de mayo was hotttttt

borrachas...

xoxoxo
n.