Thursday, July 31, 2008

don't make me say remember when


I've probably seen Castledoor and the Flying Tourbullion Orchestra about 3 times each and i have to say they get better every time. Castledoor being the better of the two. I also love that all the shows they've played I've been able to walk to from my house. They are one of those bands that are unmistakably L.A by that i mean they're perfect sunny pop, catchy and depressing at same time. Just as the city can be such a paradox of realities for some, they manage to capture that in these amazing 3 minute songs. I bought their E.P. the first time i saw them at the Echo and instantly loved it. The song remember when can almost bring me to tears at times. If you live in LA and have some free time tonight check them both out. They will be at the Scene out in Glendale and play between the hours 10:30-11:15. Its definitely worth suffering thru the crowd of hipsters wearing leather headbands and fringe. Oh yeah...and they're also play Sunset Junction this year so if you miss out make sure to catch them then.



Remember When

No comments: